Frequently asked questions by students

jquadras
jquadras Member admin

Quick Answers to FAQs

There are so many products in the student edition, what are they all used for?

Navigating through software options might feel a bit overwhelming, especially when you're on the hunt for the perfect tools to fuel your creative projects. That's exactly why we've crafted this article – to guide you in selecting the ideal software that aligns with your needs. We'll provide you with a sneak peek into what each software does, making it easier for you to determine the best fit for your project.

How do I download the Altair Student Edition Products once I have received the email from Altair?

The software download links for Altair Student Edition products and the license file are included in the license email. They are organized by product type or discipline. Read this article to see step-by-step instructions.

How do I install each of the Altair Student Edition product executables once I have received the email?

After you have completed the download of the .exe file, you can proceed with the software installation process. For step-by-step instructions on the installation process, read this article.

How do I activate the Altair Student Edition products with its license file?

The Altair Student Edition license is a node-locked license - a license that will work only on one machine whose Ethernet ID was entered while requesting. Once you have downloaded and installed the software, the final step is to activate your license. For a step-by-step guide on how to activate the student license, read this article.

Is there a video tutorial on the entire process of getting, installing, and activating the Student Edition products?

Yes! Please visit our YouTube channel and watch this 7-minute tutorial video.

How do I request software for my student team participating in a competition like Baja, FSAE, or others?

If you are part of a student team and would like to use Altair software, you can request a free license with full support through our technology sponsorship program. Learn more about the program here.

Request a license here.